Pages

    Wednesday, November 10, 2010

    Same song, different day.

    So maybe this blog was a bad idea..
    Since I started it the Hawks are 2-5.

    In the current two game losing streak the Hawks are on they have let 2 goals in a span of 14 & 35 seconds to lose a 1 goal lead.

    18 games.
    8 wins.
    10 losses.
    17 points.

    Most games played in the NHL and a record of under .500.

    The numbers are just as ugly as the play on the ice after the Blackhawks give up a goal.

    Outside of Jack Skille actually crashing the net and trying his darnest to put one in and Turco/Crawford keeping the boys in the game, there aren't many positives.
    Duncan Keith, last year's Norris Trophy winner, was benched at one point during the game for his less than stellar play. I barely noticed Hossa out there.
    How does a team with Hossa, Kane, Toews, Sharp, etc.. struggle so much to score?

    Is is time for a trade? Is it time to start benching people? Is it time to start pulling up guys from Rockford?
    Honestly, I think it could be any that but I am no expert (insert Andy Sutton joke here).

    It's not that I expect everything to be like last season, cause I didn't but I at very least expected a team that would compete like they want it for 60 minutes.

    Last season was great but that's just it, it was last season.

    The Hawks had a solid first period but suffered another costly meltdown by letting in two goals in 35 seconds. It has to be 60 full minutes.

    After watching Jack Skille's post game interview with WGN from last night he keeps talking about how the Hawks just need to send bodies & pucks to the net. That the Blackhawks need to play gritty, hard nosed, team hockey.
    I wholeheartedly agree with him. I honestly can't remember the Hawks got a gritty, dirty, hardworking goal.
    That could be exactly what the Hawks need though to get back on track.

    Like Skille mentioned they don't ask how, they ask how many.


    I won't be around for the Hawks/Predators game as I'll be taking in a live hockey game of my own between the Chiefs and Americans, who hopefully play a good game. And college basketball season is about to be in full swing for my school team this weekend, so I'll be at a game Sunday but should be back in time for the Hawks/Oilers though due to recent history I don't know if that's a good thing.

    Let's hope the Hawks get it together, sooner rather than later.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment