Pages

    Monday, November 1, 2010

    Alright stop, collaborate & listen..

    First off, I hope that everyone had a safe and fun Halloween weekend.

    I haven't had much time to watch the highlights of either game the Hawks played this weekend.
    So I'm just going to judge based on the scores, which is always accurate don't ya know?

    Hawks lost the the Oilers 7-4.
    Say what... 7-4? Not the score or result I was expecting at all.
    Turco ends up getting pulled for Crawford. Hall, Cogliano, Eberle & Gagner all scored for Edmonton.
    Clearly, I'm not as sad now about missing this game. My soft spot for the Oilers clearly came back to bite me.

    Well the 2nd of the back to back games the Hawks come back with a 3-1 win over the Wild.
    Turco starts the 2nd of two games and bounces back with a win after being benched in the Oilers game.
    I honestly have no idea how this game went since I didn't watch any of it. I'm just glad the Hawks won.

    Moving on to tonight's game which I actually be able to watch, the Blackhawks take on the Rangers, the only time the two teams will meet all year.
    Two Marian's are out with Hossa for the Hawks & Gaborik for the Rangers.

    Reunited & it feels so good: Brian Campbell has been activated for tonight's game and should be reunited with Niklas Hjalmarsson to make up the 2nd D-pair. (YESSSSSSS)
    I'm hoping that this means we start playing less in our zone & freaking out less about the defense outside of Keith-Seabrook. (who have even made me a bit nervous at times)

    The hits they just keep on coming: Though Brian Campbell is returning from injury, Dave Bolland has been place on IR with an "upper-body" injury, this is retroactive to Friday, meaning that the Bolland can't return to Saturday at the earliest.
    I have no idea what's wrong with Bolly. But I really hope this trend of injuries stops, like now.

    How you doin' junior:
    -The Tips lost their Pink the Rink night game 3-2 in a shootout to the Tri-City Americans.
    -Pink the Rink raised $38,897.77!
    -
    The highest bid for a jersey was $1,500.00 for Ryan Murray's jersey.
    - Full story here

    - The Chiefs lost the first game of their 6 game Eastern Conference road trip to Moose Jaw 3-2 but bounced back the next night with an 11-1 win over the Regina Pats.
    - In the 11-1 win over Regina,
    Cole Hamblin, Collin Valcourt and Marek Kalus all scored their first WHL goals. Congrats to them!

    Can't catch a break: Jordan Staal, two days before he was set to return from a foot injury which had prevented him from playing this season, suffered a broken hand in practice & is said to be out about 6 weeks, though it has been said he'll be out indefinitely. (source)
    Update: According to the Penguins, Staal will be undergoing surgery on his hand & will be out up to 6 weeks.
    All the best to him & hope he can get back on the ice soon!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment