Pages

    Friday, November 12, 2010

    Oh you, got what I need.

    It's been over 3 weeks since I've been to a live hockey game. That may not seem a long time to some. I, however made the mistake this season of starting myself out on 4 games and going to games 3 straight weeks.

    However like all WHL teams the Chiefs left town for about 2 weeks on a trip to the opposite conference, in this case to western central Canada. This in turn left me with 3 live hockey-less weeks for me.

    It's funny that a former friend once said to me that college would make me go to less hockey games than I did in high school.. but that definitely hasn't been the case.

    I'm even on pace this year to blow by last year's mark of 10 games over the regular season & playoffs here (with at least 3 while at home) since tonight's game will make 5 in the first 2 months of the WHL season. It doesn't hurt that I've hooked one of my closest friends on hockey & she wants to go to games as much as I do.

    As I'm getting older I've been realizing that my passion for hockey keeps growing as well.

    I dislike rival teams more.
    I've pretty well settled in with my NHL fandom.
    I've learned to love and appreciate the WHL hockey I get to see a lot more.
    I've realized how much I love a freezing cold rink & the not so subtle hockey stank after the offseason.
    And most of all I've found how awesome the people are that love hockey are, thank you Twitter.
    I am just so glad that my 12 year old self decided to pick up hockey.

    _______________________________________________________________

    Today the Blackhawks will take on Central division foe, the Nashville Predators.

    The Blackhawks problems have been well voiced by not only the media but Hawks fans on Twitter as well.

    Dave Bolland returns to the Hawks line up which once again plays with scrambled lines. With Bolland's return the Hawks have a fully healthy line up.

    If this will change the trend of Hawks losses though, remains to be seen.


    What the Dub:
    The Silvertips broke their losing streak by taking down the Americans 5-2. Former Minnesota Golden Gopher, Josh Birkholz had a hat trick (with an empty net goal). The win pulled the Tips record to .500. Goalie Kent Simpson, a Blackhawks prospect did not play. The Tips have Chilliwack Bruins at home tonight as the middle game of 3 games in 3 nights before heading to play the Blazers on Sunday.

    The Chiefs however kept the Tips in the basement of the US Division by winning 4-3 over the Oil Kings. Local boy Tyler Johnson potted 2 goals, including an unassisted shorty. They take on their rivals the Americans tonight.

    The Wheat Kings beat the Hurricanes 3-2 in overtime. Scott Glennie (1G, 1A), Shane Wiebe (2G) & David Toews (2A) all had 2 points.

    The WHL powerhouse Portland Winterhawks, 10 game win streak came to a close last night with a 4-3 loss to Saskatoon. A game at which Shannon Tweed & Gene Simmonds were in attendance for & Simmons even donned some goalie pads! (scroll down for photos)
    If your curious as to why they were in Saskatoon here's an article to explain.


    Shannon Tweed dropping puck at @BladesHockey game tonight in ... on Twitpic
    Shannon Tweed drops the puck at the Winterhawks/Blades game.

    PBR Bull Rider Aaron Roy shooting on KISS bassist Gene Simmon... on Twitpic
    Gene Simmons suited up in goal again PBR Bull Rider, Aaron Roy.

    Close-Up of Gene Simmons KISS goalie mask worn tonight at Sas... on Twitpic
    Close up of Gene Simmons & his mask.

    All photos via @TheWHL's twitter.


    Well, that's all folks! I won't be able to watch the Blackhawks/Predators game so feel free to leave your thoughts in a comment or just to say hi because I'm starting to feel like I'm just talking to myself here..

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment