Pages

    Saturday, November 27, 2010

    Not for the faint of heart

    Been disconnected for a few days & missed a few Hawks games spending Thanksgiving with family. But I'm back now!

    Blackhawks finished the Circus Trip on a good note with a 2-1 win over the LA Kings.

    Let me just say, this has been one of the most solid efforts that I've seen from the Hawks all year. There were no huge defensive break downs or giving up of goals within 30 seconds after scoring.

    Patrick Sharp finished a 2 on 1 play on a pass from Patrick Kane for the first goal (Patrick power!). And Kaner had the other goal deflect in off his torso or glove, I'm not entirely sure, for the 2nd goal.

    Corey Crawford played absolutely solid in net making some HUGE saves at key times. His only goal against was on a 5 on 3 kill. During which Cullimore picked up his first penalty of the season. (Shocking right?)

    As far as a goaltending controversy, Crawford did end up getting 3 of the 4 wins on the Circus Trip. Really, I don't like these controversies but I do have to say, go with the hot hand and right now Crawford has it.

    Other highlights? Viktor Stalberg was getting roughed up by the Kings and then finally took exception a questionably timed hit by the captain, Dustin Brown.

    Who stood up for his teammate? None other than the Hawks captain himself, Jonathan Toews. He ended up receiving a double minor for roughing out of the fray. I personally was thinking WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOU CAN'T FIGHT TAZER but it's nice to see the boys stick up for one another.. while Patrick Kane stood watching it all go down. But we all know it's better that way.

    And the moment you've all been waiting for, John Scott's fight with victim Kevin Westgarth. (If you don't like blood don't watch)

    Scott describes his fighting style: "I have long arms, kind of like a monkey-armed baboon swinging away." (source)



    Poor choice Westgarth. As Pat Foley said he was thunderstruck!

    This game really reminded me of the Blackhawks of before, a good 60 minutes, one in which I was stressed to watch but we pulled it out. I hope these Blackhawks stick around. The one thing I really want to see from this team is consistency.

    Overall, a 4-2 record on the Circus Trip is something I will take especially when it ends on a 2 game winning streak. (That is music to my ears) Let's hope it keeps going as the Hawks return to the UC. Every win is definitely needed with the Hawks leading the NHL in games played. All the Hawks can control is how many points they pick up.


    Keep an eye out later this week for recaps of what's been going on with the WHL & my experience at the game in Portland plus thoughts on the Circus Trip, after I make it back to school. (Wish me luck having to go over a mountain pass & having to deal with snow)

    1 comments:

    Alexa Rae said...

    And to cap the night off, ALEX GOT PUT IN TWITTER JAIL AND YES I'M STILL TWEAKED OUT ABOUT IT!

    *grumbles*

    Post a Comment