Pages

    Wednesday, December 8, 2010

    I swear it was a joke!

    I have been severely neglecting this blog because school has literally take over my life, but with recent events, I feel need to address something.

    Before dead week made it's attempt on my life though, there was this joke that Alex, you may know her as @Down2Puck, made one night not too long ago.


    Well eventually the idea grew and Alex went from making a joke to wanting to actually go through with this. My small contribution was telling her that she should aim for $1,000, donate the proceeds to charity and saying I would help with the PR for it. Along the way the #Down2PuckBunny hash tag and campaign was born.

    From that point on we decided we should try and make the idea a reality. Alex even went so far as to set the date for the 2/18 Blackhawks/Blue Jackets game. We started making steps, such as Alex making a logo & me renaming the campaign Bunny for a Cause, along with planning how we would pull it off, and were ready to utilize our winter break to getting the word out. 

    However Alex parents found out about the idea today and shot it down with a threat financial abandonment. Given that we're both college students who's parents are paying for our education, Down2PuckBunny seemed dead in the water.

    Lo and behold though @motherpucker caught wind of the idea and wrote about it. Suddenly our joke of an idea took off and a whole lot more people knew about it.

    Now we have people offering to do it in Alex's place, even those that aren't Blackhawks fans. 
    The power of Twitter amazes me every single day.

    So can Bunny for a Cause still happen? I hope so! If someone would like to join the cause and go through with it, we will be 100% supportive in any way we can.
    Alex and I are even working on an alternate collaboration to still raise some money through charity without having to sport outfits.

    I guess this just goes to show how truly awesome the hockey community is and how a random idea by two college sophomores can turn into a beautiful thing.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment